CROWDFUNDING: IT’S THE NEW FINANCIAL REVOLUTION!
You have probably heard a lot about crowdfunding in the media. Would you like to find out more about it?
We are running our third Pacific event in Auckland to explore the phenomenon of Crowdfunding – 21st Century Finance. You will hear from world experts and key players in the New Zealand crowdfunding scene.
“If you think that crowdfunding just means smaller companies that launch games and device projects on platforms like Kickstarter, think again. Crowdfunding has now emerged as a viable, scalable alternative to public and private finance.”
– Massolution, The Crowdfunding Industry Report 2013
According to Massolution, the crowdfunding market market is estimated to be over $5 Billion in 2014, and it is growing fast.
Global analysis released by UK based Crowdfunding Centre in May 2014 has confirmed the extent of this growth. It reports:
- “Global crowdfunding is growing steadily, more than doubling every sixty days.”
- “A new crowdfunding project is created every 3 minutes, with around 500 new projects created every day.”
Crowdfunding is well established in New Zealand and Australia. There are local platforms in most of the niches. In many areas we have been leading the world.
Since our first event in Wellington, the New Zealand government has authorised crowdfunding and the first licensed platforms have conducted several successful equity fundraises. Other online crowdfunding is going from strength to strength with records being broken regularly. To date NZ crowdfunding platforms have raised over $30M, with half of it raised in the last year.
Like to know more about crowdfunding? Then come along to this event.
If you would like a wee bit more background information about crowdfunding: visit CrowdfundVibe
We will provide a dynamic event to inform you about this rapidly emerging form of funding. We plan to hold several facilitated panel discussions to bring out the current issues. As with our past events, you will hear from crowdfunding platform founders, government officials, and experts in communications, business finance and law. It will be a stimulating day.
Who should come?
This will event will have something of interest for anyone who wants to learn about crowdfunding or keep up with the latest developments. You will benefit if you are:
- an individual or group seeking funding for a cause
- an inventor, entrepreneur, start up business or established SME looking for funding
- an investor searching for opportunities in fintech and alternative finance
- a business incubator or accelerator looking to connect with established platforms
- an SME finance adviser, accountant or lawyer wanting to expand their expertise and client base
- a marketing or communications professional looking to manage crowdfunding campaigns
- a regulator or government official seeking to understand fintech and online financing
- a student, journalist, researcher or academic wanting insights into this new sector
- just curious about what all the fuss is about!
At this event you will learn about this rapidly emerging form of funding. You’ll have a full understanding about its potential after attending.
See the programme.
Venue: The Bluestone Room, 9-11 Durham St, Auckland – the city’s oldest commercial building.
To reserve your seat, purchase your tickets below or go to our Eventbrite page
(NB Lunch + morning & afternoon tea are included)